Sapir College has become a leading, large-scale academic institution and is
presently the largest public college in Israel. About 9,000 students are enrolled
in undergraduate, graduate programs in a diverse range of academic
departments, as well as study tracks in practical engineering, continuing
education and arts. Sapir College is committed to academic excellence and
equity in education, and serves as a regional hub of culture, high-tech and
education, attracting students and lecturers from all over the country.
Sapir offers a wide range of disciplinary undergraduate and graduate studies:
* Software Systems & Computer Science, Technological Marketing,
Industrial Management and Control, Logistics and Operations.
* School of Audio and Visual Arts, Communications, Cultural Creation
and Production Studies.
* School of Law, Economics & Accounting, Human Resource
Management, Public Administration and Policy, Humanities and Social
Sciences, Economics & Management, School of Social Work.
* School of Practical Engineering (Learning Tracks: Architecture & Interior
Design, Biotechnology, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Media
Design, Sound Engineering, Cinema & TV Arts, Water Technology
Engineering, Engineer – Mechatronics, Practical Mechanical Vehicle
Several annual conferences and events are organized and take place in
Sapir Academic College:
* The Sderot Conference for Society – annual event bringing together
political and economic experts to discuss relevant social issues and
* The Film Festival of the South – an international film festival
organized by the School of Audio and Visual Arts.
* Midarom (“From the South”) Festival – a multidisciplinary cultural
event produced by students from the department’s Cultural
Management track as part of their final project. Midarom Festival is a
model for developing and promoting sociocultural activism through
collaborations with various organizations and communities in
In February 2019 Sapir launched the eXlab, an advanced technological center
offering a platform for innovation, in the Western Negev. The eXlab acts as a
working environment for workshops, hackathons, labs, clinics, teaching and
learning DH programs and mentoring innovative ideas of students. For more
information visit: https://www.sapir.ac.il/en/content/6532